Steam Locomotive B10
B10 is a 0-4-0st steam locomotive built by Hudswell Clarke and Company in 1924 for Messrs Armstrong, Whitworth of Tauranga for the construction of the Waihi to Tauranga section of the North Island East Coast Main Trunk Railway.
In 1930, B10 was sold to Milburn Lime and Cement, just South of Dunedin. B10 worked there until 1967 when it was sold to Waitaki NZ’s Pukeuri Freezing Works for $1500.
In 1989 Oamaru Steam and Rail swapped ex-NZR Dsa’s 234 and 218 for B10.
B10 was Oamaru Steam and Rail’s main motive power up until April 2007 when she was pulled from service for her 10 year overhaul.
B10 Current Status: Overhaul completed April 2013, returned to service May 2013
Steam Locomotive Uc366
Uc366 is a 4-6-0 steam engine of 1901 built by Sharp, Stewart and Company for the New Zealand Government Railways.
In 1936 this engine, along with dozens of others, was dumped over the foreshore by the Oamaru Railway Station as erosion protection.
In 2009 when the sea wall was being rebuilt, this and many other remains were recovered. Uc366 has been on display at Oamaru Steam and Rail since.
Uc366 Current Status: Static Display